Insert title here
IFNEC NSCCEG Webinar: Opportunities and challenges for nuclear energy in the context of carbon neutrality
Online - September 15, 2022
- September 15, 2022
15 September 2022, 12:00 – 13:30 CEST
Decarbonisation of the world’s energy sector is a challenging task that many governments around the world are working on. As a stable and low-carbon source, nuclear energy can play a significant role in contributing to climate change mitigation efforts as well as in addressing the energy supply issues.
This webinar will discuss the role of nuclear energy in the context of reaching the carbon neutrality, the synergies between nuclear energy and renewables, as well as the multipurpose application of nuclear energy.
Organised by the IFNEC Nuclear Supplier and Customer Countries Engagement Group (NSCCEG), this virtual event will take place on 15 September 2022.
Moderator: Zhijun Qin, Deputy Director-General, Nuclear Power Department, National Energy Administration, China
Opening remarks by NSCCEG Co-chairs
- Michel Berthelemy, Nuclear Energy Analyst, Nuclear Technology and Economics Division, Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)
- Aliki van Heek, Head of the Energy Economics and Environment Unit, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Lin Tian, Director, Department of Planning and Development, Shanghai Nuclear Engineering Research and Design Institute (SNERDI), China
- Satoru Yasuraoka, Deputy Director, Nuclear Energy Policy Planning Division, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE), Japan
Discussion and Q&A
- Zhijun Qin, Deputy Director-General, Nuclear Power Department, National Energy Administration, China
For more information, please contact the IFNEC Secretariat: email@example.com
This area is a repository of practical information for Participant and Observer organizations. Access permission is required.
Members Area Login